Sunday, November 24, 2013

georg jensen









I was given a pair of Georg Jensen cufflinks many years ago as a going away gift when  leaving a job to transfer interstate.
The cufflinks were lovely enough (and quite expensive it turns out) bought with good intention - they knew my love of cuff links, and they knew cufflinks would be easy to relocate interstate.
They were not my style.
I returned the cufflinks  to the George Jensen store in Brisbane, in their original packaging, and explained the situation to the shop assistant who who was happy to exchange without a receipt.  I entered the store with just a small box in my hands and, following a small top up of my own money, left with many bags containing  a beautiful range of water jugs, creamers, etc and a beautiful stainless steel bowl.
I left feeling quite the adult.
Since then, George Jensen has been given as wedding gifts, gifts for friends celebrating significant birthdays, and of course treats for little old me.
I can fully recommend a visit and a purchase.
http://www.georgjensen.com/

subscribe for notifications of special sales, discounts, and in store promotions and events.

No comments: