Thursday, November 28, 2013

10 superfoods you need to know about - RAW Addition

I have recently taken some interest in the Raw food movement.

Long story. Started with Colon Therapy. Blood typing. A statement by a naturopath that avoiding certain foods might reduce my levels of tiredness (I hadn't mentioned my high levels of fatigue, she just said this).

Followed with a decision to limit alcohol and coffee. And to drink more water.

Via Instagram of all places I came across various sources of inspiration for trying out raw food. and then a few articles on the telebox interviewing Andrew G / Osher Günsberg / Andrew Günsberg and his choice of a raw lifestyle. 

Instant Benefits! Clear head - clarity of thought. Better Sleep. Less Fatigue. Less impulsive behaviour.

But totally raw? I love my grilled fish, poached eggs. fillet steak.
I've lived the Mike Geary way for quite a few years now. With great success. But my mind is open to new ideas.


Im sure there is a middle ground.

A few Blogs have sparked my interest to integrate raw in to my life - 75% would be good.

I am going to continue to explore and fill you in on some good blogs to which you might like to subscribe.

Felicia Clark runs  www.asimplyrawlife.org.
She has a totally new take on top 10 super foods, quite more RAW than the Mike Geary ROAR approach, Namely: 
  1. chia seeds
  2. coconut oil
  3. flax seed
  4. goji berries
  5. spirulina
  6. cacao nibs
  7. maca powder
  8. hemp protein
  9. camu powder
  10. acai
Im already addicted to chia, cacao nibs, maca powder.

Oddly she didnt rate Quinoa

im going to list the benefits of these 10 superfoods in an upcoming post

 



No comments: